A rendezvous with 'And the mountains echoed' by Khaled Hossieni



Recently had tete-a -tete with another offspring (read by-product) of Khaled Hosseini......


I ventured out for this book completely unplanned. I had read its rave reviews in some nationals and magazines. Needless to say, I was secretly waiting to get this as a gift on Friendship's day this month from one of a dear friend (who never turned up)....More or less, I started with a hiccup of making an effort to buy it and sit to savor it:)

The book is a tangy cocktail of mixed emotions and realistic characters. The book opens the door to variety of mental avenues which otherwise lay out of focus. Opens up in Afghanistan and takes a tour towards USA, Greece and France. The book very explicitly pens down how the rut of life camouflages with our emotions and brings out the most unexpected of us! How people can remain tight lipped about their most treasured secrets, memories, experiences (or fear) throughout their life and are successful in taking them to their grave without any grudge! 

The book was quite captivating in its plot and kept me hooked for good seven days...I never regretted sharing my coveted Sunday with it and had merriment all the way!

Worth a read!

Comments