Koi lauta do mujhe mere beete hue pal and more importantly, mere paise :p:p



  
As father of the nation (MK Gandhi) made his way into this country through labor room, I was writhing in remorse while sitting in a cinema hall yesterday. I counted every ounce of effort that I had made to earn those 700/- bucks which I had just chosen to waste on an AWFUL movie. This was the third time in a row, that I felt deceived! Three movies in a row had hit a hat-trick by not being entertaining, paisa vasool AND by being worthless and good for nothing!!!!

Yesterday, being a national holiday, I went to watch 'Besharam' in a nearby mall. Based on its rave reviews, enticing trailers, round the clock promotions along with sneak preview, I decided to watch this movie. I invested three long hours, shelled out my hard earned money, but to no avail. For quite some time, I was yearning to watch a meaningful movie which was worth catching my attention, but in vain. Prior to this, I guesstimated on two other movies- Satyagrah and Chennai Express. Needless to say, this guesstimate was clearly neither close to guess and nor to estimate!!!! So here, I had watched three movies in a row......all the ones which could not meet my expectations at all. 

All three movies were produced by Bollywood biggies that too by even bigger production houses. However, they were even scarcely perceptible!! 

Why do we go out to watch a movie? Isn't it only because we allow the filmmakers to captivate us through their work of fiction. 

But what if, it happens otherwise? Like others, I also bought movie tickets for these movies to unwind myself from the day-to-day melancholy, rather, these three together turned out to be totally digressing!

Can filmmakers be accused of not been able to meet demands of their viewers and delivering an unsatisfactory product??

Is the 100-crore benchmark enough to validate a film's success? 

Shouldn't customer or viewer satisfaction be also considered while providing reviews?


If a common man decides to shell out his hard earned money and more importantly, his time for a movie and he does not get entertained by any means, should not he be allowed to file a suit in consumer court calling for deficit in services??

Since, films or movies are intangible product shouldn't quality check be carried out on them as well?

Here comes the role of movie critics who again provide biased reviews on the basis of their equation with the starts themselves or the channel! 

I wonder, why the satisfaction or rather gratification index one gets by watching a movie should not be considered before tagging a movie a blockbuster. 

The viewers should have rights to claim their money back in case they are unsatisfied. This not only would ensure quality cinema but will also applause consumer rights. It will prevent movies and movie making to go astray.

What is your call? 

Comments